Maulette Chateau

Castles and farms

 

1, rue du Vieux Lavoir
F-78910 ORVILLIERS

Private

A former coffee ceases its activity in 1934 and was acquired in 1954 by an uncle of Mrs. Pompidou. The future President who inherited this house in the early 60s performs transformations and called it "La Maison Blanche" (the White House).

25, chemin du Pavillon
F-78910 OSMOY

Private

It dates from the early 17th century. The pond, located right on entering, reflects the ancient moat that surrounded the farm.

Route de Tacoignières (between Bazainville and Tacoignières)
F-78910 TACOIGNIÈRES

Private

The compound, linked to the history of the village is located near the monument raised to glorify  the patriots of Bazainville, Orgerus and Tacoignières arrested and deported to death camps. This farm is now occupied by several families of the village.

Rue de la Gare
F-78910 ORGERUS

Private

The property was built in the late 19th century.

8, rue de la Commanderie
F-78910 PRNUAY-LE-TEMPLE

Private

As its name suggests, the Ordre du temple held there a commandery in the 13th century.
We find the remains of the chapel (buttress corner, windows and column) showing a Gothic building of the 13th century.

Route de Bazainville
F-78550 RICHEBOURG

Private

Located close to Bazainville, the building would contain parts built in the 13th and 14th centuries. The farm was joined to the village of Richebourg in the 18th century at the request of the monks who lived there, in gratitude for the assistance provided by the villagers. Il seems that this place that housed a leper hospital in the 13th century.

7, chemin de la Ménagerie
F-78790 SAINT-MARTIN-DES-CHAMPS

Private

The Le Coq family built this castle of brick and stone in 1619. It was owned by Jacques Fath who has been buried in the park in 1954.

8, chemin de la Ferme d’Elleville
F-78790 SAINT-MARTIN-DES-CHAMPS

Private

Dated of the 14th and 15th centuries it was owned by the Hotel-Dieu de Paris then by the Le Coq family, from 1631.

3, place de Verdun
F-78790 SEPTEUIL

Private

Built in the 18th, it was frequented by the Duchess of Angouleme and the Duke of Berry. The park and gardens, prior to the construction of the castle, would have been designed by Le Nôtre.

It is used today as a retirement residence.

1, route de Houdan
F-78790 SEPTEUIL

Private

Used to cross the difficult ways, this relay, dating from the 19th century, came in addition to the relay of post horses.

Hameau les Plains
F-78790 SEPTEUIL

Private

This fortified farm dating from the 15th and 16th centuries is flanked by a stair tower which top was intended to install a dovecote.

The village had many farms. Many have become private properties that can be admired during a walk in the village.

Boulevard de la Gare
F-78550 HOUDAN

Built in the 19th century, the railway line from Paris to Granville was inaugurated on june 16th, 1869 and the mixed station in 1909. The freight station, closed in the middle of the 20th century, contributed to the development of the local economy, particularly its agricultural activity.

Route de Houdan
F-78113 BOURDONNÉ
Tel. : +33 (0)1 34 87 00 16

Private - Park opens in July, August and September - Inquire in advance at the town hall

The moated castle and chapel were built in the 17th century. It is of Louis XIII style and is still surrounded by a moat and a beautifully wooded park of 14 ha. It was enlarged and rebuilt in the 17th and 19th centuries. Restored in the 1970s by Mr and Mrs Garvarrentz, this property is visible from the road leading to Houdan.

Chemin de Boyauville
F-78113 BOURDONNÉ

Private

The remains of the mill are visible from the path to Boyauville.

Route d'Adainville
F-78113 GRANDCHAMP

Private

The estate of Grandchamp and the chapel of the abbey of Prémontrés (12th century), former abbey, remains today a farming and forestry concern. The abbey was burnt by the Calvinists in 1585, and rebuilt immediately, but it burned again in 1680 following an accident. The monastery was rebuilt again and then sold as national property during the revolution.

Route de Champagne
F-78550 DANNEMARIE

Private

The farm is typical with its central courtyard surrounded by buildings, with pink coatings and frames of brick.

2, avenue du Vieux Château
F-78200 BOINVILLIERS

Private

The old castle was demolished in 1842. Only one corner turret topped with a “ pepperpot” exists today. The large adjoining farm dates from the 17th century.

Rue Nationale
F-78980 MONDREVILLE

Private

Square in shape, with timber framing and coating, it dates from the 18th century.

On leaving the village toward Tilly
F-78910 BOISSETS

Private

This beautiful fortified farm, of which one can admire the two wings and the round tower, was once the site of the priory of Saint-Andre, which  hosted the monks of Cluny.

11, rue de la Tournelle
F-78790 COURGENT

Private

In the late 19th century and early 20th century it was owned by a famous family of artists, named Flameng.

4, Grande rue
F-78790 TILLY

Private (can be visited at events)

Built under Louis XIII, this beautiful manor house is surrounded by moats. It was purchased in 1764 by Admiral de Grasse, hero of the American Revolutionary War. Beautiful gate of the 18th century.